Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sweet Potatoes!

We gave Kendall vegetables for the first time today! We started with sweet potatoes and she seemed to really like them. There was definitely a difference between the way she ate the sweet potatoes as opposed to the way she eats cereal. I think she likes the potatoes better! We spent some time yesterday cooking sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots and freezing them in ice cube trays. We're going to try making our own food and see how we like doing that. It wasn't too hard yesterday and now we have enough to last us about two weeks. We'll stick with the sweet potatoes for a couple more days, then move to the squash for three days, and then try carrots. Here are some pictures and videos from today.










4 comments:

Andrea said...

I remember feeding these things to Tori in probably a similar order when she was a baby. I actually took her to the dr. because she was turning orange. We've had a good laugh over that through the years. I was pretty panicky that my kid was turning orange!

So, just be on the lookout. Her skin may turn the same color as her hair! :)

Anonymous said...

That's right! yellow vegetables by themselves will tint the skin. Feed her a mixture with some green veggies. Love Mamaw

Unknown said...

What a sweetheart!! She sure keeps an eye on that food when you pull the spoon away - like, "When is the next bite coming?!?!" She's such a happy girl and enjoys all the new stuff Mommy and Daddy try! I love that - and that Kendall-bendall!!!

Valerie said...

What a good girl. Eat all your veggies so you'll grow big and strong!

I have missed you so much, I can't wait to see you this weekend!

And I will show a picture of your little cousin! You are going to be the best big cousin ever!