Sunday, November 7, 2010

Daddy is Home!

Randy has been in Cambodia this week, but he is home now! And he has four girls that really missed him and are glad he's back. He went a different route this time - east to Moscow, then to Singapore and on to Phnom Phen. Our friends the Stunzes live in Singapore right now, and they took such good care of Randy when he was there - he had a 10 hour layover on the way there and an 11 hour layover on the way home. While he was there, he got Kendall a cute little dress and shoes! Andrea - you did great on the sizes: the shoes and dress fit perfectly!

Showing off her shoes...
...and her doll. While Randy was stopped in Moscow, he got both of the girls Russian stacking dolls. Kendall has not put hers down since she got it yesterday!

I wish I could explain how much she loves this dress and shoes. She immediately put it on when Randy gave it to her yesterday afternoon, then wore it to the Johnson's to watch the Aggie game. Then, when she woke up this morning, the first thing she told me was that she wanted to put her dress back on, and her shoes. She wore them to church and LOVED showing them off to everyone. I'm not real sure how I'm going to get it off her to wash it!

Kendall has been attached to her daddy since he got home! She was so interested in the fact that he was on an airplane and loved getting to go to the airport to get him yesterday. He told her that he slept on the plane and that he ate on the plane and that was really interesting to her. This afternoon on the way home from church, she said, "Dad. I want to sleep wif you. I want to sleep wif you on a airplane." He said, "Ok. Kendall I want to take you on an airplane someday when you are big." She said, "And Dad, I want you to pack me a lunch." Because we still pack her a lunch everywhere we go. She said, "Dad. I want to go wif you on an airplane to Cambodia." Randy told her that he would take her one day when she is big. She said, "Dad. I am big. I'm a big girl. And baby Cooper is a girl." So sweet. I want to remember these cute things she says forever!

We are glad to have our daddy back!!

3 comments:

Granny Harms said...

You can sure tell how happy Kendall is that her Daddy is home in that picture with the girls! And Cooper can't take her eyes off of him!! Don't blame either of them for responding this way!! He's pretty awesome!!! So is the Mommy for keeping things going on the home front!!

Andrea said...

So sweet! In that one pic of her with the Russian stacking doll in front of her mouth, she's even sitting like a true Asian. :)

You should come with him next time, Ashley.

(I would recommend handwashing the dress.)

Gigi and Peeps said...

Love the sweet pictures. We are all glad you are home safe.