Sunday, November 23, 2008

Festival of Lights

I love our town! Every year right around Thanksgiving, Lake Jackson has the Festival of Lights, which ends with the Parade of Lights. All of downtown is lit up with Christmas lights and it is so beautiful! We moved on Dec. 7th last year, so we just barely missed it, so I have been excited all year to go to the parade. We dressed Kendall up in a Christmas outfit, went to eat dinner at Holly and Aaron's with all our friends, and then all went to the parade together. It was a little cold, but not too bad. Kendall LOVED the parade! We sat right where they passed by us and she just waved and waved and talked to them the whole time. We kept saying her arm was probably going to be sore today from waving so much! It was such a blast to watch her enjoy the parade and makes me so excited about experiencing Christmas through her eyes this year.

All dressed up and ready to go!

Aren't these the cutest red shoes?! And they stayed on ALL NIGHT! That's even better than socks!

Kendall and mom in front of the tree. This is my new haircut. It looked good when I got home from the salon, but I'm still learning how to fix it, so it doesn't look great here.

"Dad, the parade is this way! Come on!"
Aaron and Ethan with Dad and Kendall. Ethan is loving Kendall so much these days. Most of the time when they are together Ethan will crawl around right next to her, even though he can walk. Sometimes it looks like they are having a race! I wonder if Randy and Aaron planned their outfits to look like Christmas....Probably they did.




Some of the floats...




The Buc band

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This Christmas is going to be the best! Filled with so many memories!! Thanks for sharing them with us! You are precious, Kender!!

Gigi and Peeps said...

Oh what a fun time you had looking at all the lights. I can't wait to see you in a couple of more days. We love you sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

Nacho! I love the hair, especially the side bangs. You looked so pretty standing in front of the tree with your precious lil' frito.

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the parade. I love the pointing picture of Randydane and Kendall.

And if there was a contest, I would have voted for the Sonic float if they could have convinced me that the cup had vdc in it. Although, it sure looked like ice cream to me.

I cannot, can't, and can most certainly not wait to see you in 6 days!!!

I heart you.

Unknown said...

P.S. I love your hair, Ashley! It looks great! Hurry home!

michelle said...

A. Love the new 'do
and
2. Love the Kendy-pants red shoes...I want some in my size. For real.
and
Thirdly: I do think probably they did plan their outfits also.

Haffner's World said...

Ashley I love your hair!!! Super cute! Claire is loving all the Christmas lights and things too right now!! Isn't it so much fun???

Courtney said...

I love your hair! I also love Kendall's shoes. Where did you get them?? Last, I think we should meet for dinner or something while you are in town...if you have time. Please call if so. We'd love to see you!

Valerie said...

Ahh, it looks like yall had so much fun! You have to print out the pointing picture, it is too cute! Can't wait to see you guys!

Unknown said...

Scott says not to let Kendall get too used to sirens or she'll grow up and be a convict. hehe
Not really - we love that baby and can't wait to spend Thanksgiving with all of you!!!