Friday, August 27, 2010

Meet the Teacher!

Thursday night was Kendall's Meet the Teacher night for Wee Place for this year! We were so excited to take her to school and let her see all her old friends and her new teachers. When we got there, we were able to walk in with Aaron, Holly, Ethan, and Ella (who will both be at school this year!). Ethan and Sarah are in the class right above Kendall and Ella is in the class below her. She had to wear her sunglasses in. Most of the time they are upside down. I think she likes them that way best. :) Also, we were walking through Target the other day and happened to walk down the school supply aisle. She stopped and was looking at some folders with princesses on them. I asked her if she wanted to pick one out (they were on sale for 75 cents!) and she was so excited. Like, I can't even describe to you how sweet and thankful she was. She walked behind me through the store the rest of the time we were there holding her folder, looking at it, looking at me, and saying, "Mom. Thank you." She couldn't even believe that she got to bring it home. She had to bring it with us to meet the teacher night, of course! There were toys out on the table and puzzles that the kids could do in her class. She was a little overwhelmed at first and needed some time sitting in Dad's lap. Look at that sweet little unsure face! We don't see it very often! After a few minutes, she got down and went and played with the babies and saw some of her friends from her class last year. I never did get a picture with her, but her head teacher this year is Mrs. Heather and her helper is Ms. Alisha. School starts on Tuesday! The way drop-off works is that I will just pull up, the teachers will unload her, and she will walk in with them - I never get out of the car. Maybe for the first day I will, though. Last year I was with her a lot since I worked there, so this will be a change this year! I can't wait to see how she does and hear all the stories she will have to tell me at the end of each day!

1 comment:

Granny Harms said...

Hearing that Kendall is so grateful is sweet and made me smile because her Mommy and Aunt Augie were always that way. So precious!! And so big!!! Slow down, Kendall!! Enjoy that first day of school!!!