Thursday, September 15, 2011

Drawing People

We had dinner and a meeting with some friends the other night and while we were talking, their daughter Hailey took Kendall to her room and they drew some pictures. Kendall came out every so often to show us her pictures, and these are some of them. This is the first time we have noticed her drawing people like this! I remember one of my early childhood classes talking about the stages of how children learn to draw, and this is the early stages of how they draw people: a body with two legs. We were so proud of her..which of course made her want to draw more and more. :) These are just a few of the ones she made that night.
This first one is actually Molly. She told us that was her because she has a tail.
 I couldn't get my pictures to flip for some reason. This is a picture of Mommy.
 And this one made us laugh because it had a story to go with it. This is Kendall on the left (top) and Gigi on the right (bottom). She said "Kendall is sad and Gigi is mad because Kendall didn't pick up all the toys in her room." So funny!
So fun to watch her learn and grow...even just in how she draws! :) And we loved watching her with Hailey - I think I'll do a separate post on that later.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I remember the first time Madison drew a person. I didn't even know she knew how to do it. It's SO fun watching these sweet babies grow up. Although I wish they'd all stop for awhile.

Gigi and Peeps said...

Gigi could never be mad at her!