Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Big Kendall's in Cowtown!

That's right, we are coming to Ft. Worth.
Our church in Ft. Worth, Bear Creek, is moving into a brand new church building on June 1! We cannot be there because I am preaching that Sunday. So, we are coming this Sunday, the last service in the old building. It will be a special service also with a prayer time at the new facility to follow. We will get to tour the new building, and though it wont be as special we are still very excited. Also, it will be the first time much of our friends at Bear Creek meet Kendall. We are so excited about seeing them, we have missed them so much!!

There are two other reasons we are coming to Ft. Worth...you will see the pictures at the end of this post!
One more thing. I am considering blogging. This is mostly a photo blog, and I have had so much fun with it that I am thinking hard about having my own blog. I think it will mostly be funny, w/ maybe some serious thrown in...kind of like me. It will be a lot of pressure!

Ashley and Kendall in a cocoon!
(by the way...that is not a bra, it's a tank top)
Isn't that cute?


She loves her Mom!


The sweetest eyes ever!



The OTHER 2 Reasons:

We are going to meet baby Henry! Henry is my cousin Kasey's son, he is about 1 month older than Kendall. He is a cutie and we can't wait to meet him! (Oh yea, and see everybody else, too).

AND...We are getting a minivan! Ashley's uncle Grant found it for us. We are picking it up while we are in Ft. Worth this weekend. Several people are calling us dorks, but...

1. It is cheaper than any 8 passanger SUV you can find.

2. It will get better gas mileage than any 8 passanger SUV.

and

3. Ashley is HOT enough to pull off a minivan!!

ROCK ON MINIVAN MOMS, ROCK ON!!


(This is not just a stock image...this is actually our van)

Attention: new poll up top!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Nice Van! Seriously! I know you are so excited! It is not as cool as an Xterra but hey, I always have been cooler than you!
We are so excited to see yall this weekend!! I mean don't get me wrong I like coming to LJ every chance I get but I like it better when you are here! Feels like the good ole' days!

Andrea said...

We got our first normal car since we've had kids this April. Our oldest child is 17! I even pulled off a full sized custom van for over 5 years! It was huge and got terrible gas mileage by today's standard but it was okay then and super fun to travel in.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the mini van but one day you'll be ready to ditch 'em forever! Kids are growing up, we don't need a vehicle that we can walk around inside and we don't carry as much stuff as we did when the kids were little. I like my car but it sure is bitter sweet...

Enjoy every phase!

auntkasey said...

Aw! Henry's a reason! He's touched. We can't wait to meet Kendall!I think the two of them together should be great fun.
And, I totally dig the van. I wanted one, but Rob said no. Hello, you can literally camp inside of it!

Jenny Hintze said...

You should blog for real...not that this is not for real, but you know what I mean. I'm very glad that I've been doing it for so long. I can go back and look at stuff that I wrote several years ago and remember that time. There's a lot of stuff that I would have forgotten if I hadn't blogged about it. But your job positions might make it a little difficult to be totally and completely real so that's something to think about. I thought not working at the church would cause me to be a little less guarded (not that I'm all that guarded anyway) with my blog. But now I have the business to consider so I still have to keep some things in check. Anyway, for what it's worth, I'd read it.

Ashley should start one too. She's got nothing better to do, right?

On the mini van front, she hot enough to pull it off but she needs to get a short funky crazy colored hair do to off set the mini van lame factor. Just sayin'.

Gigi and Peeps said...

You will love the mini van! Welcome to parenthood and all the things that go with it! It is the best!

Gigi and Peeps said...

Oops, i forgot to say how much i love that sweet picture of you looking up at your mom. :)

Andrea said...

We drove to New Braunfels yesterday and saw several mini vans with spoilers so... you should totally get that van a spoiler. Cause spoilers make a mini van cool for sure!!! Then if the windows are tinted and you happen to have a sunroof, that's icing on the cake!