Monday, February 23, 2009

Leashhhhh

This is one of Kendall's new words! Every day we go on a walk: Kendall rides in the stroller and Molly walks on her leash next to us. Lately every time I ask Kendall if she wants to go on a walk, she will walk into the kitchen and bang on the pantry door where we keep Molly's leash, saying "Leashhhh, shhhh, shhhhh!" I will open the door, she grabs the leash, and then takes it to wherever Molly is. The other day she even bent down and laid the leash on her neck! Such a smart girl!


Then she will walk to the garage door and wait for me to open it.



Ready to go Mom!

She is doing a lot of other funny "big girl" things lately. When we say, "It's time to take a bath" she will walk to the bathroom door, we open it, she goes inside, pushes the shower curtain aside, and hikes one leg over the bathtub! Clothes on still! So funny. She will also walk to her bedroom when we say it's time for a diaper change, and to the kitchen when we say let's get milk, juice, snack, go eat, whatever. It is so neat to see how she understands what we say and can follow our directions!
Another thing she has been doing lately is getting Molly's toys and putting them out her doggie door. She says Molly's name the whole time she does it. She has only gotten her hand stuck twice so far!
Finally, one of the best things she is doing is waiting for Dad to come in the door when he gets home from work or comes home for lunch. I will hear his car pull in the driveway and tell her he is home and she immediately throws down whatever she is playing with, jumps up, and runs to the front door. If he doesn't come fast enough, she will bang on the door until he opens it. Molly also runs to the door when she hears his car, so he has all three of his girls waiting on him when he walks in the door!! How fun!

4 comments:

Haffner's World said...

It is so fun to have a "little person"! Michael and I love this stage!!! We are so excited about hitting Claire's one year mark! I am excited b/c it falls on my spring break - so I get to spend the entire day with her!!! My mom actually found that outfit at Kohl's this weekend - she said that it was all on sale so you might check it out! :) We enjoy reading your blog also - and to see what all Kendall is doing! This weekend I got to meet your sister and brother-in-law - they are two great people!!

Unknown said...

Oh, my how you are growing! Such a big girl!!! I can't wait to see all of the things you are learning in person! Your Granny is so proud of you, Kender!!! I never doubted your intelligence, especialy when I saw you for the first time and saw your bright, clear eyes! Beautiful!!!

Courtney said...

I loved hearing all the fun new things that Kendall is doing. It reminded me of Madison doing all of those same things not long ago...except leashhhh. She doesn't say that. :)
How funny is it that she puts toys out the dog door! Wait until it's things you don't want outside.

Gigi and Peeps said...

You are getting so big. We love how smart you are. Can't wait to see you soon, love & miss you!