Thursday, February 26, 2009

Outside Playing!

The weather has been warm this week, so Kendall and I have been playing outside a lot. Usually we wake up, eat breakfast, and then head out for a walk, either around our neighborhood or at the park with the girls. Then Kendall takes her morning nap, we eat lunch, and then go back outside on the back porch to swing and collect leaves before her afternoon nap. This is her new hobby - leaf collecting. And most of the time she keeps them out of her mouth.


She also usually does a good job of staying on the porch: it's about a foot drop down into the grass. But this picture was taken right before she stepped off into the grass.

She was ok, though! She just rolled right over and climbed back up!

Here are some videos of her picking up leaves.


Taking a break to swing.

Studying the leaves she picked up.
Yesterday we were driving around running errands. I put in a CD I got this past fall when I went to the Women of Faith conference. It is one that my sister and I grew up listening to with my Mom: Sandi Patti's Friendship Company. I know - I'm a dork. But I put it in and Kendall loved it! She was smiling and dancing and clapping! Her favorite seemed to be the Sunday School Sing-Along. It made my heart happy. :)
I took a few pictures when we got home because I realized I haven't posted any pictures yet of her in her new car seat. And look! She's still smiling about Sandi Patti!


5 comments:

Courtney said...

LOVE the brown/teal outfit! She's such a big girl in her carseat!

Unknown said...

... and it makes my heart glad to hear how you make your Mommy's heart glad, Kender! Thank you for doing that for her!!! Your Granny loves seeing you grow up and love leaves! xoxoxoxo

Valerie said...

Hey sweet girl, I have missed seeing your blog everyday but thankfully life is begining to get back to normal! We can't wait to see you so very soon and Gracie is itching to get some pictures with her "Big" cousin. Don't forget to bring your Berry Sweet outfit so yall can match! Love you, love you, love you!!!

Gigi and Peeps said...

You look so big outside playing. And I think your hair has grown longer since your birthday party. Mom is going to be able to put pig tails in before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Kendall, you are the cutest little girl in the world! I just love seeing you walking all over the place and always smiling. You make me smile every time I think about you! Keep exploring for things. I love you, you beautiful red head! Pops