Monday, June 8, 2009

No No No Mosquito!

In case you didn't know, we live in the land of mosquitoes. I bought a new can of Off about a week and a half ago and we are already out. I'm telling you, they are crazy! And that would be the reason that one of Kendall's words that she knows really well is "mosquito." Actually, anytime she says it, she says, "No no no squito!" And while she says it, she waves her hand in front of her face. It is so funny and so cute! I think it is a tell-tale sign that you live in South Texas when one of your daughter's first words is "mosquito."
Today we were driving home from the store and I was talking and talking to Kendall and she was talking and talking back to me. We started to turn onto our street and I said, "Ok here we go! We're turning on our street! We live on Mesquite Street, Kendall." Then I looked back at her to see what she thought about that and she was waving her hand in front of her face, saying, "No no no squito!"
Someday when she goes to school I'm going to have to make sure she understands that we live on Mesquite Street - not Mosquito Street. Although it really does seem like it these days!!!


This was last July at the Mosquito Festival. We will not be attending this year.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Seen enough of them every where else, huh? Kendall, I can't wait to get down there and hear your precious voice say all the things you can say now! Give your Mommy and Daddy a kiss and tell them thanks from Granny for sharing all the wonderful and new things you accomplish! xoxoxoxo!

Nacho said...

Ya'll really have a Mesquito Festival? That is CRASY.

Love that sweet girl and her funny stories. Isn't it fun when they can interact? I LOVE it!

Valerie said...

Adorable!
You are just too adorable little girl. We love you!

Gigi and Peeps said...

no no no squito, don't bite my Kendall although she is sooo sweet. Peeps and I are ready to see you. We are missing you bunches!