Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Party at School

Today was Kendall's last day of school for 2009 and her Christmas party! She got all dressed up this morning and spent some time playing with my charm bracelet.
We don't know how she scratched her nose! She woke up with that two mornings ago and her nails are short! Stinker.
Riding on the "hee haw."


When we come back in January, I am going to be the new 4 year old teacher in addition to still teaching chapel. Jan has decided to quit working so she can spend more time helping take care of her parents, so I am taking her place. We are going to miss her being at school! One of the 4 year old's moms made us these gingerbread aprons last week - so cute!


Kendall colored a picture of Baby Jesus. She talks about him all the time right now. When we ask her who's birthday is coming up, she says "Baby Jesus!" (Well, sometimes she says "Kendall!" and she's right - less than 2 months until she turns 2! Crazy!) We have been singing a lot about Baby Jesus and she even sings songs about him by herself. The other day we were driving and I heard her in her carseat singing, "Baby Jesus....asleep....manger bed....Baby Jesus!" She was singing her own version of "Away in a Manger!" So precious!


I have some black flats with white polka dots on them that I wore today. Kendall said, "Mommy, shoes!" I asked her if she liked them and she said "yes!" I told her that they had polka dots and she started saying, "Mommy. Shoes. Polka kots." I pointed out that she had polka kots on the ribbon on her dress and she loved that. :)

Eating one of the cookies we baked last night. She helped me! She did a great job moving the pre-formed dough from the package onto the cookie sheet. :) She was standing on a chair next to me at the cabinet and when Randy walked in the front door from work, she said, "Daddy! I bakes!!!" She was so excited and proud of herself. Kendall bakes!
What is strange about this picture? I will tell you. EVERY OTHER kid in the class is eating pizza. Do you see Kendall's piece? She pushed it away and said no. Will she ever eat real food? I guess we can be proud that she doesn't give in to peer pressure!
So I gave her a nutri-grain bar. Don't worry. We're going to have Food Boot Camp when we get back from Cambodia and she turns two. We have a plan. :)
They did a present exchange in her class.
Daddy met us at school for the party!
Holly, Aaron, and Ella were across the hall in Ethan's class, and came to peek in to see Kendall. She just loves those guys! She was excited to help Ella drink her bottle.
And before Randy left they played with the shakers together.
She had a fun party! We are looking forward to a busy week coming up with two separate trips to Ft. Worth, Christmas, and leaving for Cambodia next Sunday! Should be fun!

2 comments:

Granny Harms said...

I love your new dress, Kendall! You look like you're ready for Christmas! I can't wait to see you soon!
I want to hear you sing Away in a Manger!

Gigi and Peeps said...

What a fun party! You look so big in your Christmas dress. I am ready for you to come to Ft. Worth. Gigi & Peeps miss you sooo much and we miss mom and dad too.
Thanks for letting us enjoy your party too. Love you, drive safe.