Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kendall and Baby Jesus

Kendall is all about Baby Jesus this year. We love it. She has loved playing with the Fontanini nativity set that my friends Janet and Shari bought us when we got marriend. It is the best nativity set because it is not breakable. She is also playing with her Little People nativity set a lot that Gigi and Peeps got her on her first Christmas. We have lots of funny Baby Jesus stories and I wanted to get them all written down before I forgot.
First: Kendall had the baby Jesus from the Fontanini set and was playing with him and talking to him. Randy was trying to listen and hear what she was saying, but she was talking really quietly. She had him cupped in her hands and he overheard her say, "Your mama said I could!" and then she opened the door to her microwave on her play kitchen and put him in there! Ha!
Next: She was carrying Baby Jesus around with her purse, and the manger. She said, "I put him in his bed in here so he could get some sleep." And she stuck him in her purse.
And my favorite story yet: I was feeding Cooper one day while she was playing with Jesus. She said, "Mom. I need to feed Baby Jesus." Then she proceeded to raise her shirt and pretend to nurse the Baby Jesus. Then she burped him. It was the cutest thing ever. And maybe a little irreverent. But we love it.
These pictures are from when she was singing Happy Birthday to him one day. Lately she has been saying, "First Jesus has a birthday, and then I have a birthday! I am going to turn three in February."


Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!

5 comments:

Granny Harms said...

I'm so happy that you love Baby Jesus!! He loves you, too, Kender!!!

Janet said...

I'm glad she loves to play with it. I forgot we gave you the nativity at your shower! I loved my mom's as a little girl. Mark and I have one now and know the boys will enjoy it as well. Hope you all have a great Christmas. I'm sure I will see you in passing.

TON said...

Love that sweet girl!
And also, great looking floors!

Courtney said...

Such cute stories!!

When did you get wood floors?

Gigi and Peeps said...

I love the stories! Too cute. I'm so glad you write these things down so you won't forget them. You think you never will but somehow it happens.