Saturday, March 5, 2011

On her little bed

One thing Kendall loves to do lately is sleep on her "little bed" - her trundle bed. When I tell her it's time to take a nap, she asks if it is going to be a little nap or a long nap. A little nap is her nap. A long nap is bedtime at night. If it's a little nap during the day, I let her sleep on her little bed. We haven't tried it at night yet - even though we leave it on the floor, I still don't like that it doesn't have a rail on it. So we just take little naps on it.

Last Friday when Randy was off, we went shopping in the morning and then came home for naptime. I was changing Cooper and getting her ready for a nap and Kendall asked me to come read to her. So I just brought Cooper in with me before I got her dressed and the girls layed on the little bed while I read.
Cooper loves to lay with Kendall and Kendall is very careful with her. I was telling our friend Melissa last night about how good Kendall is with Cooper. We have never seen her be jealous, possessive of us or annoyed that Cooper is around. She is always genuinely happy to be with her, wants to help, and just loves that she is here. We are so thankful!!
Kendall says, "Mom, when Cooper gets big, she can sleep in my little bed wif me?" There are lots of things that Kendall is excited about Cooper doing when she gets big. :)

1 comment:

Granny Harms said...

Lucky Cooper!! Lucky Kendall!! So glad they love each other!! They learn that from their Mommy and Daddy!!