Tuesday, August 30, 2011

First Day of School!

Today was Kendall's first day as an Orange Giraffe! She was very excited to start school today, and to get to take her ladybug backpack again. She is looking so big to me!!
We took a few pictures before we left for school. Cooper and I were headed up to visit the school I am interning at, Polk Elementary, after we dropped Kendall off, so I got her dressed and ready to go too.

Ready to go!
When we got to the church, Sarah, Caleb, and Mary were walking in, too! Kendall was excited to see her friends. Sarah is in the 4 year old class this year, and Caleb is in the 2s!


So much love!
Kendall got a little nervous the closer we got to her room. She told me she wanted me to take her to the bathroom, but first we hung her backpack on the hook with her name on it!
After I took her to the bathroom, we found her place at the table and she got to start practicing tracing her name! She got the pink marker, so she was loving that. Right after I took this picture, her teacher, Ms Shiloh came over and started working with her, so I gave her a quick hug and walked out with Cooper! I watched from the door for a little bit, and she was so focused on writing her name! She looked so grown up and was just fine, but for some reason, for the first year, I teared up a little! This is her third year to go to preschool, and my first year to be emotional about it!
When I came to pick her up, all the kids were sitting on their class's line.

Here she is with her teacher, Ms Shiloh!

She had a great day! She told me that Conner and Gyliana were in her class, and that she got to go to Chapel today. She also told me about the stoplight (for behavior) and that if you get moved to yellow, that means slow down, and if you go to red, that means you don't listen. She loves her teachers and said they were nice. She has a hard time saying "Shiloh," so it came out "Ms Sharlo" several times. :)

After we left school, I took the girls to Chick-fil-A for a first day of school treat! Kendall got some ice cream and she shared with her sister. Last year we missed the first day of school because we were in the hospital having Cooper! She turns one tomorrow!



I love this big girl! I'm so proud of her and can't wait to see what she learns this year!

1 comment:

Gigi and Peeps said...

We are so proud too! You look so big sweet girl. Have so much fun at school and have fun learning so many new things!

We are proud of you too momma!