Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hair cut




Ahhh!! Kendall cut her own hair for the first time this week! One morning this week while Cooper was napping, Kendall and I sat down at the kitchen table to work on some decorations for Cooper's birthday party. I was doing a lot of cutting with scissors, and Kendall was interested, so I thought it would be a good chance for her to practice using scissors, which we haven't really done a lot of. I got her a little pair and she had so much fun cutting up my scraps of paper. She was really doing well, too! Close to when we were going to be finished, she was holding the scissors and she said, "I'm going to cut my hair!" She sounded like she was just playing, but still, I said, "No, you don't need to cut your hair!" She said, "Yes, I'm just going to put the scissors right here (putting them to her head) and cut (cutting!!)" She said it so playfully and not defiantly at all....I really think she didn't really know she was going to for real cut it! But before I could say or do anything, I could hear hair being cut! AHHH!!! I reached up for her hair and big chunks started coming out! She was shocked and a little upset, so I didn't get mad - I just told her that we do NOT cut hair and we were going to go ahead and put the scissors away for awhile. Oh. my. After I gathered up all the hair, I took her to the bathroom and showed her what happened. She was so surprised that she had done that! She has a few short hairs now over her right ear! I am totally laughing about it now, but it was just one of those moments where you feel like everything is going in slow motion and you can't stop it fast enough! Ha!

1 comment:

Gigi and Peeps said...

Oh my gosh too funny. At least she didn't cut the front of her hair down to the scalp like her daddy did. I do mean bald!