Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Polk Pandas!

On Friday night Randy had Secret Church to go to, so I took the girls to the Polk Fall Festival! Polk Elementary is where I have been completing my administrative internship for the past 18 months. Twice a week I have gone in the morning to shadow, learn from, and complete internship activities with the principal and assistant principal there. I have loved being a Polk Panda and I was excited to get to take the girls to see my school!
At her school, Kendall is in the orange giraffe class, so she thought it was fun when I told her that I am a Panda. She said, "Mom, I like Pandas!"
The fall festival was so fun - there were so many activities! All the classrooms had little carnival games in the doorways, and Kendall loved playing the games and winning candy!
At this game, she won some Smarties. She turned around and said, "Mom! Look, Smarties like Pops!" My dad would come home from work some days when I was young and bring home Smarties for us. Now he gives them to Kendall! Love that she associates those with him!

This was a fun thing: when we came in, they gave us five tickets. We wrote Kendall's name and our phone number on the back, and then she was able to go around to these toys and put a ticket in the bag next to the five toys she wanted to win. At the end of the night, they drew a winner! I don't think we won anything, because we haven't gotten a phone call yet, but she really had fun choosing which toys to put tickets in!

Cooper did so well in the stroller all night! I loved bringing my girls to my school and we had a fun time at the fall festival!

No comments: