Friday, December 9, 2011

Baby Jesus

Since we got out all the nativities, Kendall has been having fun playing with them. I came in her room one day and saw this going on: she had pulled her chair up to her dresser and gathered all the pieces from the nativities in her room along with some others from around the house. She put them all in some kind of grouping or order that made sense to her. I think all the sheep from various nativities were together, all the shepherds, all the mary's, all the Jesuses, etc.
 She told me she was selling them and asked me which one I wanted to buy. I got to pick one from each grouping. :)
 I love watching her come up with this stuff. It's just great. Her imagination is awesome. I asked her if I could take her picture and first she did this (and notice, all the baby Jesuses in the stable):
 but then she said, "Oh, wait!" and grabbed the Fonanini baby Jesus and held him like this:
On a separate day, this is how I noticed her nativity scene looked:
My favorite part was the wise men - it looked like they were totally on guard, standing around the Baby Jesus in the center. :)
Not to be outdone, Cooper has enjoyed playing with her Little People nativity set in her room, too.
I love seeing Kendall become more and more familiar with the real reason we are celebrating Christmas, even when it means the nativities are all out of order and mixed up. So.much.fun!

1 comment:

Pops said...

So precious! I love these girls! Pops