Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Eve Eve

...or what Kendall and Cooper know as Christmas Eve. :) Because we leave to go to Ft. Worth on the 24th, we do all our Santa cookie baking, setting out cookies for Santa and all that on the 23rd. Then the girls wake up on the 24th, we open presents, play with all their new toys, and take our time getting ready to leave a little before lunch.
Because the 23rd was on a Friday this year, Randy was off. He told Kendall he would make pancakes for breakfast that morning and she didn't let him forget! She loves to make pancakes with her daddy!
 And Cooper loves to eat them!
 Before Randy had to go get ready for our Eve Eve services, we started baking our Santa cookies. Kendall and I made the dough earlier from a new recipe I tried, it chilled in the fridge, and then Randy helped her cut them out with the cookie cutters she chose.
 She took a bath before her nap while the cookies baked and then she and I decorated them!
 She was very serious about it. I think they turned out great!
 After church that night, I brought the girls home to get ready for bed. We have four services, and the last one doesn't start until 8:30, so we went to the second one at 6:10, I served in preschool during the 7:20, and then the girls and I came home. We got ready for bed and set out the cookies and milk! I love this picture of the girls! Kendall just looks so big and Cooper went and sat right down because that is what Kendall was doing. She loves her big sister!


Before they went to bed, we stayed up a little and watched one more Christmas movie. I love these girls so much and loved seeing them get excited about Christmas morning!!

No comments: