Thursday, September 4, 2008

7 Months Old Today!

I can't believe Kendall is 7 months old already! I thought I would record a few of the things she is doing right now:

What she is eating:

Rice cereal, oatmeal, bananas, apples, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, green beans.

Tricks:

Not quite crawling, but definitely scooting! She can really get around quick! It used to be that she only went backwards, but she goes forward a lot now too.

Trying to pull up on everything, but mostly mom and dad - I think she thinks we are her own personal jungle gym!

Talking all the time. She even has conversations with us. She will babble, we'll talk back to her, and then we take turns talking.

Rolling over quick! She's got it down!

Taking three naps a day. Usually 9:30-11:30, 1:30-3:30, and 5:30-6:30.

Sleeping 10-11 hours each night.

Cutting a tooth! She has one little tooth coming up on her bottom gum and it is so jagged and sharp! We feel so sad for her. She's been a little fussy some days, but still mostly great!

Sitting in the high chair when we go out to eat and in the stroller when we go shopping. And totally stopping traffic wherever we go. People just oooo and aww over her at the store, at restaurants, anywhere! We think she is the most beautiful baby, so of course we love it!

Growing more gorgeous red hair. It's getting so thick! I saw my hair dresser at the store today and she said, "Ashley, it's unusual for a little baby to have this thick of hair!" We never really thought she had lost a lot until we looked at some old pictures -she was almost bald! It's coming back in and it is such a pretty color.

And of course, still being the best baby ever! She is just always happy and always smiling. We are so thankful and blessed to be her parents!

Here are some videos of her during her "nap" time today. We went for a walk and got home around 10:00, so I put her in bed for her nap. At 10:30 I still could hear her through the monitor just talking and cooing, so I went in and she was on her tummy, playing. She does the funniest thing when we walk in and catch her playing. She lifts her head and looks at us and grins and then just flops around on the bed, like, "Ok guys! You caught me!!" It's so funny.

4 comments:

Gigi and Peeps said...

Happy 7 month old day! You are such a big girl. How did the time go by so fast? You are cracking me up rubbing your tongue on that new tooth. We love you so much and can't even remember what it was like not to have you in our lives. Gigi & Peeps love you bunches!!

Unknown said...

Oh, Kendall-Bendall! You are so active and busy! Your hair is gorgeous and will just get prettier and prettier! I love you so much and am so happy you are learning and experiencing new things! xoxoxox! Granny loves you!!

Jenny Hintze said...

Oh, girl, that child is going to be all over the place any day. She looks so close to crawling. She is just a beautiful baby. She's the star of my website (except for my own kids, of course).

Valerie said...

My goodness you are getting so big! I miss your sweet face!