Monday, September 1, 2008

The other baby...

We have had a crazy weekend at the Dane house! We went to the first A&M game on Saturday and had so much fun! Gigi and Peeps came down and played with Kendall while we went to the game - we'll put up pictures of that later. This post is about our other baby, Molly. We arrived home Sunday morning at about 1:00 am and found that Molly's face and throat were swollen badly! We have a doggie door that she can go in and out of while we are gone, so there is no telling what she got into in the yard. Randy called a 24 hour vet clinic and they told us to try children's Benadryl. We did that, and went to bed around 2. At 4, we woke up to check on her and the swelling had not gone down. So, Randy called again and they told us it was ok to give it to her again, but if the swelling was not down in the morning, we should probably take her to the closest emergency vet clinic (which for us is an hour away in League City). We went back to bed and when we got up at 7, she was still swollen. So I fed Kendall and then left with Molly to go to the clinic. Randy and Kendall went to church. We had to wait about an hour and a half at the clinic because it was so busy. This was not a good experience for me. People were bringing in their hurt animals and it made me very sad. One lady and her daughter brought their dog in to be put down. I immediately started crying with them and could not stop! The receptionist told me they would get an exam room ready for me soon and I said, "That would be good." I am such a mess when it comes to animals! The doctor finally saw Molly, gave her a Cortizone shot, and it started working even before we got back to Lake Jackson. YEA! Randy and Kendall met me at the house after church, we all ate lunch, and then all took a 3 hour nap. Glad today is a holiday!
Back to normal and worn out!

5 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

Poor Molly! I wonder what she got into. That's so sad. Glad she's okay.

Gigi and Peeps said...

Poor little girl. I know it was a long night and day. I'm glad she is better. I gotta wonder if she got into the same thing as when she was a puppy. Too bad we don't know what it is so it could maybe be avoided. I'm sorry you guys had a bad end to a good day on Saturday. We had the best time watching Kendall. It was so worth the trip for us. I'll email you those pics tomorrow. Hope everyone caught up on their rest. Give Molly and Kendall a kiss for us. love you guys.....

Valerie said...

Poor Molly face! Why do you eat strange things?

Anonymous said...

Nacho!
That sweet face is sad. I'm glad she is feeling better.
And maybe you should start telling my stories. You good story teller you. :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Molly! Glad she's better now. -Courtney