Tuesday, August 11, 2009

18 Months

Kendall turned 18 months old on August 4th! I can't believe she is already halfway through this year. We had her 18 month check up scheduled for August 5, but that was the day we drove to Ft. Worth for HJ's funeral. So I called to reschedule it and wasn't able to get an appointment until the 27th! We are very curious to see how big she has gotten. She is so heavy and so long!
I took these pictures and videos on Sunday after her nap. She LOVES to work on her puzzles. She matches the pieces up very well, but sometimes still has some trouble turning them to fit in the holes. She also loves to say the animals' names and make their sounds as she is taking them out or putting them in.




She also loves to get her tea set out and play with it. I can ask her for certain pieces (bowl, plate, spoon, cup) and she will get me the one I ask for! So smart. :)

Playing with her train on her Kendall chair.


And finally, I was able to get her to show me some of the body parts she knows. I wish she didn't have her "sass" in so you can hear her better, but she is never very far from that sass these days. She always wants "sass" and "baby" and she always says them together. Hopefully baby will be a comfort to her when we take away sass soon! If you listen closely, you can hear her saying the body part as she points to it. She can identify her hair, ears, eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, belly, knees, hands, fingers, feet, and toes. We have been working on cheeks and chin, but she gets those confused, probably because they start the same!

Kendall and I will both be starting school this year! She is going to Wee Place preschool program at Willow Drive Baptist on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and I am going to teach there! I am really excited about it and we just know Kendall is going to love going to school. It is from 9-1, so she will play hard those two mornings and then come home and take a nap. It will be so fun to hear how she does in class. She loves playing with kids and she loves going to church, so I'm sure she'll have a blast.

Happy late 18 month birthday, Kendall!! We love you!!

2 comments:

Granny Harms said...

Kendall, you are so CUTE and big!! I could watch your videos over and over!!! My favorite of these is when you tell us how the train goes!! So funny!!

Lifethrualinds said...

I cant believe you have an 18 month old! I love reading your blog...you inspired me for mine..but, you are way better! I miss you and hope to see you and your family sometime soon!