Thursday, October 29, 2009

Amen!

Kendall is very into praying these days. We're pretty sure she doesn't really know what it is, but she really likes to do it. We hold hands and she tells us who she wants to pray for, either Randy or I pray, and then we all say "Amen!" together. (Sometimes it does come out "Amy" though. :) Usually when we ask her who she wants to pray for she says "E-E" then "Ella" then "Aaron." Sound familiar??? She's still stuck on those three.
Two funny stories about this:
1. The other night she was in the bathtub playing with her duck that sits on the faucet. She found the duck's hands and said "hands!" I said, "Yes, those are the duck's hands!" Then she put her chubby little hands on the duck's hands and waited a minute and then said "Amen!" She prayed with her duck! So funny! I asked her who she prayed for, but she didn't tell me. I will try to get this on video next time she takes a bath. She did it several more times that night, so maybe she will do it again for us.
2. Last night Randy was gone on creative team retreat, so Kendall and I went over to the Mitterlings and watched Sarah and Caleb while Mary and Nathan went on a date. On our way home she was holding her baby and she started calling out all of her baby's parts: ears, eyes, nose, and then hands. She said hands a lot and held baby by the hands and flung him (her?) around. A few seconds later, I heard her say, "Amen!" I said, "Oh, Kendall are you praying with baby?" And when I looked back there she was holding baby saying, "Shhhh." Then she said, "Rock, rock" and held baby up by her face and rocked him (her?) back and forth. She totally went though her whole nighttime routine with her baby!! Pray, rock, and then sleep. She just does something every day that amazes me and shows me that she takes in so much and remembers so much! I'm pretty impressed with our sweet little girl!

2 comments:

auntkasey said...

That's so funny! Henry is into praying now and at every meal he says "hands!" and then at the end says "Haman! Ha!Ha! And Mordecai! Ha! Ha!" We should let them stand next to eAch other at Christmas and see what they do! Too cute!

Gigi and Peeps said...

I just love that sweet story.

Also a good reminder to you that she is taking in everything, even when you don't notice.