Thursday, May 20, 2010

Splash Day!

Today was Kendall's last day of preschool for the summer! To celebrate, we had Splash Day at school where they had pools and waterslides and bubbles, snowcones, and a picnic! It was a lot of fun. I was able to sneak away from my class some to take pictures and Randy came for part of it this morning!
I took a few pictures of her at the house before we left.

After I finished taking her picture, she asked me if I would take a picture of her babies. She has been carrying both of them around lately ("new baby" and "old baby"). I need to try and put new baby back up soon!
Her class started off the morning on the playground. Her teacher Mrs. Christine pushed some of the kids on the little bikes.
Kendall and Jillian peeking on top of the slide! She loves her friend Jill!
Back in the room for a snack. This was when Randy was with her. I don't know what that face is about! That is Conner and Jillian - her best buddies in her class. We are going to have to get together with them over the summer! She just loves Conner. Anytime this week that I would ask her about playing in the water at Splash Day, she would just say, "No. I'm just going to watch Conner."
Randy played "Ping Around the Posie" with the kids (as Kendall calls it)!
Then it was their turn to go outside and play in the pools! This is what Kendall did at first - just watched!

Then she figured out that she could still splash but not get in. She did this for awhile, and I eventually had to leave and go with my class to a new rotation. When I looked over later, though, I saw that she had finally gotten in the water! Several times she would jump in and then lay on her belly or her back! I was able to come back and get some videos, and I think Mary got some pictures I will have to get from her later. :)

In this first video, watch for where her bathing suit has scooted up to. It is pretty cute!!!
We had a great last day and a great year at Wee Place! Kendall will be going back in the fall, but I will not! Cooper and I are going to stay home. I know that Kendall will be ready to go back!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awww man that made me miss those kiddos! Today would have been a fun day to be there. And - can I just say - PA-STEY WHITE! But she looks so grown up. :-)

Gigi and Peeps said...

What a fun day! You look like you had so much fun splashing in the pools. I love your new swim suit that Granny got you. Too cute just like you!