Sunday, October 26, 2008

DARAJA

We have had one of the coolest weekends of our lives! We had the Daraja Children's Choir of Africa at Brazos Pointe this weekend. They are group powered by the 410 Bridge, which is the ministry we partner with for our missions in Kenya. Daraja came this week to do concerts in Lake Jackson and at Brazos Pointe. It was a HUGE success and an AMAZING weekend!!
Ashley, Kendall, Molly and I had the joy of hosting three of the most sweet and beautiful Kenyan boys in our home from Thursday until today. It was so unbelievably fun! We want you to meet these three guys that we love, and their chaperone Moses, who we also love.
Michael is from Havila, a children's home in Kenya where our BPF team has been!
Antony is from Stars for Jesus, another orphanage outside of Nairobi, Kenya.
Rodney lives near Havila with his siblings and his single mom.
Moses is just a super cool guy, who has an 8 year old and 2 month old, that are in Kenya with his wife, May. Having these four guys in our home has been an overwhelming joy!!!
All four of them LOVE Kendall and Molly!!
This is Michael, Rodney, (Kendall), and Antony...with Moses in the back.
Kendall loves her new brothers!

Mr. Moses loves "beautiful" Kendall very much!
Showing me pictures of their home in Kenya.
They loved my famous spaghetti!!
Hanging out with Antony!
Kendall's buddy, Rodney.
Everyone loved playing with Kendall's new zoo!

Kendall's new best friends: Rodney and Michael (Antony must have been playing the Wii or riding the bike)!!
More picutres to come!! Daraja is here until Tuesday, even though our guys had to move on to another host home (because somebody decided we had to share!!!). We are so sad that they had to leave, but we are excited that we get to spend two more days with them!!
We love you DARAJA!








4 comments:

michelle said...

Oh my gosh, it looks like so much fun! Those boys are SO precious...and you know I don't throw that word around. I'm glad they loved your famous spaghetti, I know I do. Speaking of Africa...I filled out my passport application this week. All I have to do is turn it in and get my picture made!!

auntkasey said...

What sweet new friends Kendall! It sounds like you had a great weekend and looked very stylish in the during it!

Unknown said...

Again, some overwhelming pictures of Kendall's sweet family! How cool that she is exposed to the world, not just her home! She will grow up having a heart for everyone, just like Jesus! God bless you, Randy and Ashley! I love you!!!

Gigi and Peeps said...

What a great weekend! I loved seeing the pictures and hearing all about your new friends. I wish I could have met all the guys in person.