Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Trip to Atlanta, Part 3...Whoa!

Friday morning, Holly and I loaded Kendall and Ethan up in the mini and headed to the Atlanta Zoo. It was a little cool in the morning, but it turned out to be a beautiful day. All ready to go!

We walked around for awhile and then when we got to the place where you look at the giraffes, we saw a group of people who all had pink scripts in their hands. It looked like they were blocking out some kind of scene and I just assumed they were shooting a commercial or something for the zoo. We stood there for awhile and then Holly said, "Hey! I think that's Melissa Joan Hart!" I looked for a second and then realized that it was her! It was kind of hard to tell because she didn't have any make-up on and just had on normal clothes, but it was her. (If you don't know who that is, she was on Clarissa Explains it All on Nick and Sabrina the Teenage Witch). While we were watching them block the scene, this guy walks up and starts talking to Kendall, telling her how pretty her hair and her bow were. I looked at him for a minute and didn't say much, but then he walked away and I looked at Holly and said, "That was Joey Lawrence!!" She told me that she saw his name on his Starbucks cup. Isn't that crazy?! Joey Lawrence was the guy on Blossom and Who's the Boss and he was also on Dancing With the Stars one season. He was famous for saying "Whoa!" I kind of wish I could have taken Kendall's picture with him. We walked away a little bit and then turned around and tried to discreetly take some pictures. They aren't very good. That's the back of Melissa Joan Hart and the side of Joey Lawrence. I wasn't really sure how much Kendall would enjoy the zoo, but she really did seem to like watching the animals! Some of the ones that interested her the most were the smaller ones she could see moving the most like the otters, the warthogs, the meercats, and the naked mole rats. She laughed at the naked mole rats - I think she could see them the best because they were behind glass and she could get up close. She was so funny.
So happy in her stroller!

We found a pumpkin patch and tried to get Kendall and Ethan's picture together, but it didn't work out so well. I got some cute ones of just Kendall, though. She knocked one of the pumpkins over and pulled up the candle that was in the ground. Of course she cried when I took it away from her. That's her new thing: she grabs something she's not supposed to have and then cries when we take it from her like her feelings are really hurt! It's neat to see her trying to tell us her different emotions.



The last thing we did was ride the train inside the zoo. I used to love riding the train at the Ft. Worth Zoo, so I thought it would be a lot of fun. It was pretty lame. It lasted about 5 minutes and just went around one area of the zoo. I'm sure Kendall had fun though, right?! When she gets a little older, we'll take her to the train at the Ft. Worth Zoo in Trinity Park and she will love it just like her mom!

4 comments:

Gigi and Peeps said...

I love your pumpkin patch picture. I can't wait til we can go to the zoo together. We;ll have so much fun!

Courtney said...

Love all the pictures. She's so happy sitting in her stroller! :)

Valerie said...

Whoa! I can't believe Kendall touched Joey, man I loved him on Blossom! She is so pretty she attracts famous people! Ya'll better watchout!

Unknown said...

I love you little green jacket, Kendall! It is so perfect! And you look so big in it! It makes me happy to see you so happy!