Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bedtime!

I am going to do a post soon about our daily routine, just for me and for Kendall's book so that I can remember what our life was like at this stage. But, Randy took these pictures the other night at bedtime and I thought they were so cute, so I thought I would write about our night-time routine.
We usually start getting ready for bed around 8 or so. Kendall takes a bath probably every other night, so if she needs a bath, we do that first. Then we put on her pajamas - she gets to pick - and her pull-up (so ready to be done with those!). Then she gets to pick two books to take to bed with us: one for either Randy or me to read to her and one for her to read to her babies once we leave. We get in bed with her and read her book, then we pray and sing a song. Sometimes if Cooper isn't in bed yet she will come and lay next to Kendall - they both think that's pretty fun! Then we turn off the lamp (she has a nightlight that stays on) and cover her up and walk to the door. Lately we've been blowing kisses to each other from the bed and the door - she blows one to me and I catch it and put it in my pocket and then I blow one to her and she catches it and puts it under the covers with her. I love these times with her and love that sometimes Cooper gets to be a part of bedtime, too!


2 comments:

Granny Harms said...

Cooper is already listening to the book! Already learning that reading is so much fun!!

Pops said...

What special times and great memories! Kendall and Cooper are so blessed with such a great mom and dad! I love you guys! Pops