Thursday, September 3, 2009

Gro-ga!

We have been so busy lately getting ready for school to start! For the past two weeks we have worked up at Wee Place from 9-12 on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings and then come home in the afternoon so Kendall can nap. School starts next Tuesday, the 8th, and then we will just be going on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Because we usually get out in the mornings and run errands, etc, I have fallen so behind in a lot of things, including blogging. But, I just had to take these pictures as we were racing out the door yesterday morning for school. Kendall has been more interested in her sunglasses lately ('gasses!") and just had to bring them with her yesterday. She even let me put them on her and left them on for awhile!




Last night Randy was working late on his message for this weekend, so Kendall and I went and picked him up for a break and took him out for Mexican food. On our way to the restaurant, Kendall started saying "Gro-ga! Gro-ga!" over and over again really loud. We could not for the life of us figure out what she was saying, until we realized that we had just passed Kroger! Can you even believe that she just saw it out the window and started saying it?! I said, "Kendall, did you see Kroger? Is that what you're saying?" and she said, "Yes. Uh huh. Gro-ga." Like, come on Mom, get with it! That is where we do our grocery shopping (and couponing!), so I'm sure I have said it to her a million times, but I had never heard her say it back to me. Randy and I were shocked and thought that was so funny. We have such a smart little girl!

4 comments:

Lifethrualinds said...

This is so cute and hilarious! I love that she recognizes Kroger. So sweet! She is beautiful in those glasses and I LOVE the header pic.

Granny Harms said...

Kendall you are getting so big.....and smarter!!! I am so excited for you to start school and hear about all your new friends you make! Aunt Auggie and I really enjoyed seeing you last night on Skype!! You are so funny!!

Stacie said...

she's really fantastic, Ash!!! I love the pink and green color scheme and the way it plays off the orange waves of curls....nice.

Valerie said...

Hello my sweetness, I love your glasses! You're a little superstar! I hope you enjoy your school,I know they will enjoy you!