Monday, September 28, 2009

Stickers

Yesterday I took more pictures of Kendall in her pigtails because I just think she's so stinkin' cute! Also, she was wearing a shirt that was actually my Aunt Donna's when she was little. My Granny gave it to me when Kendall was much smaller, and she is just now able to wear it. She looked so big in it and her jeans! I think Molly was kissing her toes in these pictures, making her laugh. :)


The mosquitoes have been CRAZY down here lately, so we stayed inside to play most of the day yesterday. I got out the crayons and stickers and Kendall had so much fun moving the stickers from one surface to another. They went from the paper to the carpet, the bed, her shirt, her feet, and then the door. Such fun!

She was really concentrating hard. :)




"Maybe I'll put them on my shirt...
...or my feet!"


Update: We cut Kendall's "sass" yesterday. It was so hard for us to do because she just loves it so much! She was very sad. We recorded her when she found the "broken" sass and I'm sure we will watch that video for years to come. She looked at it and said "sass?" and then looked at me and said "mama?" in the saddest voice! Randy was home for lunch, so she looked at him next and said, "Daddy? Sass?" Oh my gosh it was pitiful! At naptime she cried when I put her down, which she never does, but after I rocked her she fell asleep. Same at bedtime. She did great at school today without it, fell asleep in the car on the way home, and only cried a little when I got her out of the car and put her in bed. We'll see how bedtime goes tonight. I know she won't even remember it in a few days, and it's best for her not to have it, but this has been so sad for all three of us!

4 comments:

Granny Harms said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Granny Harms said...

Oh, Kendall! I'm so sorry about your Sass!! Just hold on tight to your Baby!! Your mommy has loved her Kitty and Blanket all her life!

You look so big playing with your stickers! Aren't they fun to put all over everything?!?!?!

Jenny Hintze said...

Aww, poor Sass. She asked for it on Sunday in the nursery and I said "You don't need that sass!"

Gigi and Peeps said...

Oh sweet girl...we are so proud of you for being such a BIG girl! I know it was a sad day for everyone. Believe it or not, its been about 28 years since I had a day like that...and I still remember it, but I don't think Aunt Val does at all.

I absolutely LOVE those pig tails!!