Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Playing in the Fountains!

In our downtown area, next to the library and the civic center, there are some little fountains that the city turns on during the summer for kids to come play in. Kendall and I had never been before. Yesterday it was a little overcast, and we decided to make a trip to the library so I could get a book to study for the GRE and Kendall could exchange her books. I decided to throw her swimsuit ("swim-soup") in the car just in case the fountains were on and she wanted to play in them. I wasn't sure she would want to get wet, especially since we would be by ourselves, but when I told her about splashing in the fountains, she got really excited and said, "And I will jump in them and get wet?!"
When we got to the library, I drove by the fountains first to see if they were even on, and they were! Kendall wanted to play in them right then, but I told her we had to go to the library first while she was still dry. We went and got our books, and then headed back out to the car to change clothes. She was headed off down the sidewalk before I could even grab her towel and the camera!
She loved it! I called Randy and he came and met us there on his way home for lunch. She was excited to show Daddy how she could run and get wet!


We were the only ones there! It was great.


Beautiful girl!!
She saw me taking pictures and asked if she could take some, too. She said, "I take picture of mommy and daddy." Not too bad! :)

Here's a short little video. She would run from me and Randy, through the fountains, out the other side, and then all the way around back to us. We will definitely have to go back some day!

4 comments:

auntkasey said...

Those are cute! Her sitting down is precious. And she may just have a career option in the future :)

Granny Harms said...

What a great idea, Mom!! You and Ran are so great about taking advantage of memorable moments!!

Pops said...

How fun! Kendall is getting so big and enjoys everything she does! She is so blessed to have such wonderful parents who do fun things like this with her. I love you guys! Pops

Gigi and Peeps said...

Gigi can't wait to come down there an play in the fountains with you. Too much fun!!