Saturday, January 16, 2010

And Then There Were Four!

We have big news...we are pregnant! Last Sunday, two days after we got home from Cambodia, we took two more pregnancy tests and they were both positive! We are super excited, and so is Kendall! We taught her that she is going to be a "BIG SISTER!" and she says it all the time. She also loves to lift up my shirt and point to and talk to the baby in my belly, and she says that she has a baby in her belly too. She brings toys to the baby all the time and puts them under my shirt and says "Here you go baby!" and one time she looked at my stomach and said, "Wake up Baby!!" We think she's going to be a great big sister. Her and the new baby will be two years and seven months apart because we are pretty sure I'm due on or around September 16. We go to the doctor in one more week - I am just five weeks right now.
We thought I might be pregnant while we were in Cambodia, so Greg and Kathy Pickering found a pregnancy test at a drug store for only $1!!! They got it for us and we took it the next morning, but it was negative. But the next time Randy and I saw a drugstore, we went in and bought 3 more because they were so cheap! When we got home Friday, we still thought I might be pregnant, so Saturday night we took one of the Cambodia tests. It was negative, too. Sunday morning, I was convinced that I was and that the tests were just wrong, so after church we took another Cambodia test and it was positive! Randy's parents were here and we got to tell them, and Mike went and bought us an "American" test. I took that and it was positive too. So the picture above has the Cambodia test on top with two positive lines and the American test on the bottom that says "pregnant."
After Gigi and Peeps left, we called Granny and Papas and Pops and Kiki on the webcam to tell them the great news. We put Kendall in a shirt someone had given us in a stack of hand-me-downs that said "Big Sister" and taught her how to say it. She said it to all her grandparents and they were very excited!!!

Here is a picture of Kendall and I telling Granny and Papas the great news.
This video is Kendall saying "Big Sister!" You can tell she is very excited about it!

3 comments:

Christie said...

So excited to hear the news! Kendall~you will be a great big sister, just like your Mommy!

Lifethrualinds said...

Yay Ashley! So exciting. Congrats on the big news. I saw your dad the other night and he was super excited! I can't wait to hear more about it! Kendall is adorable saying "Big Sister!" She will be fantastic!

Emily said...

So excited for you guys!!! It is such a joy to watch your first grow into a big sister. I'm sure she will be great! Praying for an easy pregnancy and healthy baby.