Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby Mama

When we were putting our Christmas decorations up last week (finally!) we got my old cradle down from the attic. My great grandfather made this cradle and my great aunt Doris painted it for me when I was 3 to put my babies in. We have kept it since then (as Randy says we have everything from my whole life :) and we just knew Kendall would love to play with it with her new baby she got for Christmas. She was so excited about it! She has had a great time putting her baby to bed, rocking her, covering her up, and singing to her. I've been trying hard to get some of her songs on video, but she has been singing the ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle (or "How I Wonder" as she calls it), and Jesus Loves Me. Here are some pictures of her putting her baby to bed.





Taking a break...being a mama is hard work!
Here is a video of her singing "How I Wonder" to her baby in her cradle. You can hear most of what she's saying, but the hand motion at the end is what she does for the part "like a diamond in the sky." She learned this at her grandparent's house and does it every time. We think she's pointing to the diamond on her finger. :)
Thank you for the cradle Doris! I remember loving it for many years when I was little and I love that Kendall can play with it now! We love you!

4 comments:

Granny Harms said...

How sweet to see Kendall play with the same things you played with, Ashley! How wonderful to have a piece of your childhood to share, especially something that family members have made and decorated!

You are such a sweet Mommy, Kendall!! You're so fortunate to have a good Daddy and Mommy show you how!!!

Courtney said...

SO CUTE!

Gigi and Peeps said...

I couldn't watch your video on this one it wouldn't play. :(
I loved your pictures playing mommy though.

Granny Harms said...

You know, I LOVE seeing and hearing Kender on the videos, but I have to say that hearing Ashley and Randy laughing does my heart good, too! I'm so glad that means you're enjoying her!!! Enjoy Away!!