Saturday, January 16, 2010

First Haircut!

Friday Randy was off so we decided to take Kendall for her first haircut in Pearland and do some shopping. My friend Mary had told us about this great kids haircut place called Snip-its. I totally recommend it to anyone-I think it is a chain. Anyway, when we walked in Kendall was very interested in all the bright, colorful decorations and toys. She got a little key that she could turn in when her haircut was over for a prize. There was a t.v. in front of her that she watched a movie on. Everything was going great until we sat her up in the chair. Then she started crying. Here I am trying to tell her it was ok, she wasn't going to fall, and this was going to be fun.
Well she didn't believe me. So the stylist asked me if it might work better for me to hold her. She put a cape on Kendall and one on me, too! When she started wetting Kendall's hair, Kendall got so worked up crying that she threw up a little. Gross. Thank goodness for the cape. We tried to get her to watch a movie, we gave her this green stick toy, and we gave her a sucker. Something finally worked and she stopped crying, but she had her head up against me. We weren't wanting a major cut; we just wanted a trim to try and get the craziness under control. The stylist did a great job under very difficult circumstances!
Look at that tear!


All done! When she was finished she got to pick out a bow and she liked that. I was glad she picked one that matched. Once we were finished, she was fine! She turned in her key for a toy and got a slinky. The rest of the day she kept saying, "Kengal haircut. Sarah haircut" because we told her that that was where Sarah gets her hair cut. Other than the drama at the beginning, we had a great family day together!


2 comments:

Christie said...

I tell ya what, being a girl can be so hard sometimes! Kendall, you are beautiful with or without crazy hair!

Courtney said...

I love your haircut Ashley. It's so cute.