Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting Ready!

Tonight we went to the store to get some training pants for Kendall. She has been interested in the potty a lot the past couple of days, so we thought we would take advantage of that and see if we can start training this weekend. We got training pants and Elmo panties tonight and she was more excited than I would have ever thought! I had told her that she was going to get to wear panties like Sarah, so the whole time we were in the store she was yelling over her shoulder, "New panties Sarah!!" just like Sarah was right there in the store with us! When we got out to the car I told her she could call Sarah and tell her about her panties and she was so excited. We called and they had a little conversation on the phone! Kendall told her "new panties Sarah!" and Sarah said, "I have new panties, too, Kendall!" They talked a little longer and it was so cute - their first girlfriend chat on the phone. And it was about panties. :)

When we got home, she took a bath and then ran into her room naked. Before I could walk in there she ran to me and said, "Potty Mama!" She was starting to go on the floor, so I told her to hang on and I ran her to the potty. She held it and tinkled more in the potty! We were so excited and she was so proud of herself. She got M&Ms and then she wanted to put her new panties on. I told her that she could wear them but she needed to tell me if she needed to go potty. About ten minutes later I was in the kitchen and she was in her room and she ran out saying "More mama!" I couldn't figure out what she wanted more of, but she grabbed my hand and led me back in her room and pointed at a puddle on the floor and said "More!" She had tinkled again, and it was bothering her that her panties were wet. We took them off and cleaned up and tried sitting on the potty again, but she was done. We are so proud of her and so hopeful about this weekend...we'll see what happens!!!

When she had her panties on I asked her if I could take her picture. She never stands still for pictures, but she stood in front of me so still and said "cheese!" She's just so proud of her panties and loves them so much!

I took this video after she had tinkled on the potty. It is so great. Maybe the best Kendall video ever. :)


8 comments:

RanAshKenCoop said...

Ok. I can't get the video to work. I will try and fix it tomorrow.

auntkasey said...

It looks like we had the same idea this week!! Way to go Kendall!

RanAshKenCoop said...

Ok! I finally figured out that YouTube business and loaded the video that way. It works now!

The Mitchell Family said...

She's so big! Way go go Kendall!!

Gigi and Peeps said...

Gigi and Peeps are so proud of you! And we love the video! You are such a BIG girl now!

TONacho said...

Nacho! I'm so proud of Kendall! She is getting to be such a big girl. I'm glad she likes to use the potty. No more diapers is a wonderful thing!

Andrea said...

Oh, the floods of memories that stirs up. :) We got Tori big girl panties with bunnies on them and told her the bunnies would so sad if she tee tee'd on them. She believed us. Hey, whatever works... :)

May the force be with you. You'll hopefully have at least a few month of "no diaper bag" time.

Lindsey said...

I am cracking up at their phone conversation! She was definitely into it today at school - she was very proud and announced to the class that she went potty. TOO funny!