Sunday, January 24, 2010

Potty Training Day Three

Day Three was a complete success!! We are super thrilled. Kendall had NO accidents all day long and we had a great day! Here's how it started:
I fully planned on taking Kendall to church this morning in her diapers. That is not what happened. When she got up this morning she asked to wear her panties so we put them on. Then, when it came time to get dressed for church, I brought a diaper in and explained to her that she was going to wear a diaper to church. Well, she threw a fit. She said, "No diaper! Panties!" I had no idea what to do. I called Randy and he said to just bring her to church in her panties and then we would change her into her diaper. I packed her bag with a change of clothes, more panties, and some diapers. Kendall tinkled in the potty before we left, and then was dry all the way to church. When we got there, her teachers and Mrs. Samantha said it was no problem, they would just ask her a bunch and take her to the bathroom. I checked on her between services and she had gone once in the bathroom and had no accidents, and then after the next service, she had gone again in the potty with no accidents!! We were so excited and actually pretty suprised when we picked her up and she was in the same clothes we dropped her off in!!
I had a meeting this afternoon for women's retreat, so Randy took Kendall home, fed her lunch, and put her down for her nap. She had no accidents and tinkled once before nap in the potty!
When we got her up, we went out to eat Italian food because I was craving pasta. :) We were pretty nervous at the restaurant, but she did great! She told me multiple times that she had to potty, and of course I had to take her every time, but she never did anything. I think we went about 5 times. We got home clean and dry and she didn't have any accidents the rest of the night!
We could not be more proud of our sweet, smart girl! We had a great weekend, and she is doing so great. Tomorrow we get to go to our first doctor's appointment for the new baby, and Kendall will spend most of the morning with Jan. We'll see how she does then!! Probably this is our last potty training update. Sorry we don't have any pictures today - just great news about our girl!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

I think there is something about a new potty - Maelie used to ask to go about 5 times everytime we went somewhere new and rarely went. I'm so excited it's going so well! That's a huge accomplishment and a smart girl!

Granny Harms said...

Such a BIG GIRL!!! With such great parents!! All three of you are amazing!!!

Valerie said...

I would like to request video of the "Kendall goes potty dance" as preformed by Randy!

Granny Harms said...

Oh, I agree with Val!! Especially 'cause Kendall's done so well - it must have worked!! : )

Gigi and Peeps said...

I would like to see it too. I did see another potty dance this morning on TV. You might want to check it out. It was on a commercial for pull ups. I think you go to pullups.com

We are so proud of you Kendall!! You are doing such a great job.

xoxoxo