Saturday, April 24, 2010

Love it!

This is another no-picture post, but I promise there are some pictures coming soon. We went to Caleb's first birthday party today and I have tons of pictures of a red-headed, red-icing-faced cutie pie!
This morning Kendall and I drove to Angleton to do some research on selling our antique dressers. On our way home, we saw some cows out in a field as we were driving by. Kendall started yelling at them from inside the car.
*Back story: A few months ago we went to Pearland and were on our way home really late in the afternoon when it was time for Kendall to be napping. I was trying to keep her awake on the drive home because I wanted her to nap at home, so I was doing everything I could to keep her busy and entertained. It was raining and we saw some cows out in a field, so we started talking to them, saying, "Go get in the barn cows! You'll get wet!" Kendall thought that was pretty funny and anytime she sees cows now, raining or not, she tells them that.*
So. Back to today. We passed the cows and Kendall started yelling at them and I just thought it was so cute what she told them!
"Co-oows!"
"Cows, you need to go get in the fa-aarm!" (Not barn - the farm. She's not real clear on the difference yet.)
"Cows! Go to your mamaaaas!!"
"Go to your mamas and be sa-afe!!"
I said, "Kendall, do you want the cows to go to their mamas in the barn?" She said, "Yes. And be safe." I love that she knows that being with your mama means you are safe! Sweet girl!

1 comment:

Granny Harms said...

I love it that you're such a wonderful mama!!! And that you have such a wonderful husband to be the daddy! Kendall and Cooper are very blessed girls!!