Friday, April 23, 2010

No More Secrets!

Kendall made us laugh so hard tonight! Randy has been gone all day doing prison ministry, so Kendall and I decided to go shopping tonight for his birthday present. He has been needing some new Under Armor underwear, so I thought that would be a great present (they aren't cheap - he has an expensive underwear habit!). We went to Academy and I made the mistake of telling Kendall we were shopping for Daddy's birthday present. She said, "Oh, Elmo present?" and I told her no, that we were going to get Daddy some panties for his birthday. She said, "Oh. Daddy panties." So then I realized that it was probably a bad idea to tell her a week before his birthday what his present was, and I said, "But don't tell Daddy. It's a secret." She repeated that over and over again and kept saying "surprise" and "secret."
When we got home, I reminded her that the present was a secret and told her we needed to hide it. I asked her where we should hide it and she told me "behind the couch." She has been running behind the couch lately and loves that only her and Molly fit back there. I put them behind the couch, and then right before Randy got home, I moved them somewhere else.
Kendall was sitting in her chair eating when Randy pulled up. I told her, "Daddy is home!" and she ran to the door yelling something I couldn't understand. When he opened the door and gave her a hug, I realized that she was saying, "Daddy!! Panties!! Daddy! Panties!!" over and over again. I just started laughing and tried to pretend like I didn't know what she was talking about and get her to move on to something else. But she was so excited. She was running and pointing to the couch saying, "Panties Daddy!!" over and over. Little toot. I said, "Kendall, that is a secret, remember? Tell Daddy you can't tell him because it's a surprise." So then she did what she was supposed to and said, "Secret Daddy. Daddy present." We were laughing so hard at how excited she was and of course Randy, who can't stand surprises, was thrilled to learn he has a partner in crime now. We gave him his birthday present early and Kendall sang Happy Birthday to him. Stinker.

4 comments:

Lifethrualinds said...

I love that story! So cute! I love it!

TONacho said...

Kendall girl, you are so funny!
I'm glad you got your Daddy some panties for his birthday! :)

Granny Harms said...

Too bad they don't make Elmo UnderArmor panties for daddies!! You are so funny, Kender!! Can't wait to spend the week with you!!

Gigi and Peeps said...

Her Daddy couldn't keep a secret either. Its just fun to get surprises for people isn't it?